We invest in our people’s skills through various training and development in diffenrent channels.
We believe that greater diversity, inclusion and gender balance leads to more rewarding and successful workplaces.
Interns, apprentices and fellows
OSSC offers a range of internship, apprenticeship and fellowship opportunities to attract people into the industry and help more overseas students kickstart their education paths and careers.
Strategic Market Research Analyst
OSSC seeks a Strategic Market Research Analyst. Job Type: Full-time. You are expected to perform:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement all aspects of primary and market research projects
including: Research methodology design, Data collection, Data analysis, Report
development and client presentations.
- Recommend appropriate research methodologies, sampling procedures, survey designs,
and analysis plans (both qualitative and quantitative research.
- Conduct competitive marketing research and identify marketing ways to build the
companies brand image, strategic leverage of granular data about the behavior of our
- Quantify data using natural language processing techniques and turn data into numerical
data to determine churn.
- Analyze sales funnels and customer intent by gaining insights from the pages browsed
and products considered, target advertising based on purchase history. Design SEM
campaign by leveraging data.
- Perform marketing spending efficiency auditing by regression model, including Google
Analytics analysis and Advertisement Budgeting.
- Perform a series of calculations and regression model based on lat/long coordinates,
quickly process large data sets and make recommendations given a complex set of
constraints to a problem.
- Strategize and forecast based on research of current trends and future developments in
local, regional, and national areas.
- Analyze data from digital, print and social marketing campaigns and recommend
- Analyze vast quantities of data utilizing SPSS, Tableau, Report Builder, and/or Excel.
- Identify, develop and implement innovative research tools to expand market research
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with concentration in Marketing, or Bachelor’s degree in Statistics from a four-year college or university.
- Experience with Google Ad Campaigns, social media marketing a bonus
- Experience managing Email Marketing Campaigns preferred
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Extensive knowledge of all marketing concepts.
- Salary contingent upon experience.
Risk Management Specialist
OSSC is seeking a Risk Management Specialist to work full-time in our New York office (Currently we are working from home through January 2022).
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the risk identification and assessment of operational processes
- Work with business units, legal and compliance as well as auditors to develop and refine
controls as well as written policies and procedures that strengthen the control environment
while maintaining business effectiveness
- Assist in the measurement, aggregation and monitoring of relevant risk metrics and
- Coordinate data collection process with business partners
- Support the creation of risk committee materials
The candidate should have a background in operational risk management.The following are attributes and skills that are desired in candidates:
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional project management and communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively with other internal departments and external service providers
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, prioritize and be flexible
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable theoretical and practical experience supporting operational risk
management frameworks (e.g., RCSA, third-party risk management, business continuity,
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management; from a strong academic institution is a plus
- Proficiency in, Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Excel and PowerPoint; and
Tableau (or other data visualization tools) are a plus
Math Education counselor
OSSC is seeking a motivated Education Advisor (Mathematics Track) to work full-time in our New York office (Currently we are working from home through January 2022).
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in mathematics tutoring/counseling under supervision of CEO
- Provide guidance in client’s personal statement and resume
- Plan and hold math related educational events, including public lectures and workshops
- Create math learning curriculums to help students with standardized tests such as SAT.
- Refine target market segment, develop timelines and establish coordination processes for new and existing math learning products.
- Build and manage relationships with a broad range of stakeholders on behalf of the company
- Evaluate and recommend math programs and connect with admission officers/college professors to ensure sufficient engagement, as well as reviewing feedback from already enrolled students to ensure needs are met
Current employee benefits and perks include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, vision, and dental insurance packages
- Commuter benefits plus supplemental insurance plans
- Flexible working hours, five sick days, and two weeks of paid vacation
- Fun team-bonding activities and events
- Potential travel opportunities to Chinese offices
- Work Visa sponsorship for ideal employees
The ideal candidate applying for this position should have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematical Science (master’s degree preferred)
- An interest in education and business with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to support and collaborate with a small team
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Positive energy and results-driven attitude
- Flexibility, timeliness, and dependability
- Work on system integration and development for the group, helping build and expand our technical and team practices.
- Plan, build, test, review and deliver software solutions for our various new production systems.
- Work with other engineering departments to collaboratively develop across the systems.
- Collaborate on the design of data models, data flows, schemas and API contracts.
- Extend and enhance existing systems and workflows to meet the ongoing demands from the business.
A Bachelor’s degree (or higher-level degree) in computer science.
Experience in Python Full Stack development and integration with various modern applications with development practices.
Experience with creating, querying, and maintaining databases with many DBMS such as MySQL, Cassandra, SQLite, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.